Metallic materials are generally analyzed by means of arc/spark-OES. Therefore, wrong metals purchase, sale and use can be prevented. Metals with unknown chemical composition can be identified. Scrap sorting can be performed. For example, stainless steels (ferritic, austenitic, duplex, martensitic), aluminum alloys (Etial, Duralumin, Aludur, Bondur, Lautal, Pantal, Polital etc.), zinc alloys (ZAMAK), German silver (Cu/Ni/Zn alloys, nickel silver, Maillechort, Argentan, new silver, nickel brass, albata, alpaca) can be identified.
BASE MATERIALS AND THEIR ALLOYS IN METAL ANALYSIS
Cast Iron and Steel Analyses [Fe]:
Cast Iron (Sphero)
Low alloy steels
Aluminum Alloys Analysis [Al]:
Copper Alloys Analysis [Cu]:
Aluminum bronze (Cu-Al)
Zinc and ZAMAK Alloys Analysis [Zn]:
Zn-Al alloys (>15)
It is possible to analyze Cd, Mg, Si etc. elements in Zn alloys.
Nickel alloys [Ni]
Titanium alloys [Ti]
Cobalt alloys [Co]
- TS EN 15079: Copper and copper alloys – Analysis by spark optical emission spectrometry (S-OES)
- TS ENV 12908: Lead and Lead Alloys-Analysis by optical Emission Spectrometry (OES) With Spark Exitation
- TS EN 15979: Testing of ceramic raw and basic materials – Direct determination of mass fractions of impurities in powders and granules of silicon carbide by OES by DC arc excitation,
- ASTM E415–14: Standard Test Method for Analysis of Carbon and Low–Alloy Steel by Spark Atomic Emission Spectrometry,
- ASTM E1086–14: Standard Test Method for Analysis of Austenitic Stainless Steel by Spark Atomic Emission Spectrometry,
- ASTM E1251–17a: Standard Test Method for Analysis of Aluminum and Aluminum Alloys by Spark Atomic Emission Spectrometry
- ASTM E1999–18: Standard Test Method for Analysis of Cast Iron by Spark Atomic Emission Spectrometry
- ASTM E2209–13: Standard Test Method for Analysis of High Manganese Steel by Spark Atomic Emission Spectrometry,
- ASTM E2994–16: Standard Test Method for Analysis of Titanium and Titanium Alloys by Spark Atomic Emission Spectrometry and Glow Discharge Atomic Emission Spectrometry.